|Chronological and political information|
- "For one so young, he is quite capable. He almost reminds me of you, Lord Vader."
- ―Palpatine to Darth Vader
Bircher was a male Human who served in the Galactic Empire as a colonel. Two months after the Battle of Yavin, he was ordered by Emperor Palpatine to take over command of Darth Vader's Star Destroyer, the Devastator.
He personally led two squadrons of those pilots in an ambush of Gray Flight. When the Rebel X-wings launched proton torpedoes and destroyed eleven interceptors, he did not authorize a withdrawal. Instead, he called for evasion pattern Delta Delta Victor.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "Good stars. What is he doing..."
- ―An Imperial Officer after Bircher lost eleven starfighters
Emperor Palpatine considered him a young and capable officer. When he arrived on-board the Devastator, he had already taken precautions to ensure that he was prepared for anything.
He disregarded the lives of his men, speaking of how it was their moment of triumph.
Behind the scenesEdit
Bircher appears in the Star Wars: In the Shadow of Yavin comic book arc.
- Star Wars 1: In the Shadow of Yavin, Part 1 (First appearance)
- Star Wars 2: In the Shadow of Yavin, Part 2
- Star Wars 3: In the Shadow of Yavin, Part 3
- Star Wars 5: In the Shadow of Yavin, Part 5