- "Jacen and I have been trying to come up with just the perfect gift for Mom's birthday."
- ―Jaina Solo
Birthdays were anniversaries celebrated by beings, particularly Humans, on the day of their births. A party was generally held on said day. People often gave special gifts to the person celebrating their birthday. One example of this was during the Rebellion era, the Ewok Princess Kneesaa a Jari Kintaka received her ruling staff on her birthday from her father, Chief Chirpa. On that day Chirpa had chosen Kneesaa as the future Chief of their Ewok tribe, and the staff symbolized this. Another example was, in 24 ABY, Jacen and Jaina Solo traveled to the Graveyard of Alderaan to get a piece of asteroid for their mother's forty-third birthday.
Examples of birthdays are Luke and Leia's birthday, which occurred on the 24th day of the 5th month of the Great ReSynchronization (one day after Empire Day), Anakin's birthday, which occurred on the fourth month of the Great ReSynchronization, and Palpatine's birthday, which occurred on the 11th day of the 8th month of the Great ReSynchronization.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Knight Errant (Mentioned only)
- Jedi Apprentice: The Hidden Past
- Legacy of the Jedi (Mentioned only)
- The Great Heep (part 2) (Mentioned only)
- The Wookiee Storybook (First appearance)
- Best Birthday Ever
- Lunch Break
- A Boy and His Monster: The Rancor Keeper's Tale
- Ewoks 2: Rites of Power
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"A Gift for Shodu"
- The Truce at Bakura (Mentioned only)
- Young Jedi Knights: Shards of Alderaan
- Sacrifice (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- Birthday on Wikipedia