- "You're Black Krrsantan. The infamous Wookiee bounty hunter. I've heard of you. I know why you were forced to leave Kashyyyk. And how you've disgraced your people ever since. Jabba hired you, didn't he?"
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi to Black Krrsantan
Black Krrsantan, also known as "Santy", was a male Wookiee bounty hunter during the Galactic Civil War. He was a regular bounty hunter for the crime lord Jabba the Hutt and was hired by Darth Vader to track down and capture an agent of the Emperor.
Early in his life, Black Krrsantan was forced to flee Kashyyyk when he disgraced his people. He then became a bounty hunter for the crime lord Jabba the Hutt who resided on the desert planet Tatooine.
In 10 BBY, Black Krrsantan was hired by Jabba to track down the man who stopped his water tax. He went to the location of the attack in the Dune Sea with Pagetti Rook and a Klatooinian guard. Krrsantan went to the moisture farm nearby and took Owen Lars hostage. Black Krrsantan then made Lars scream. He then saw the man, "Ben" Kenobi appear behind him. He was given a chance to leave by Kenobi. Black Krrsantan fought Kenobi, choking him and trapping him with a Stun net. Lars fought back against Krrsantan but was easily knocked aside. Kenobi used the Force to cause the rocks to hit Black Krrsantan and save Lars from falling. He then tried to kill Kenobi with a rock. Black Krrsantan was briefly blinded and scarred by Kenobi's lightsaber. He tried to shoot Kenobi with his Electrified net gun, but it was destroyed. Black Krrsantan then punched and tried to kill Kenobi, as Kenobi attempted to rescue Lars. He continued trying to kill him with his bowcaster until he fell of the side of a cliff. Black Krrsantan then fled Tatooine, knowing that Jabba would be incensed at his failure.
Shortly after the Battle of Yavin, Darth Vader traveled to the Tatooine on a mission to negotiate on behalf of the Galactic Empire for supplies with Jabba. Vader also used the opportunity to take on a personal mission, and he requested two bounty hunters from Jabba. The Hutt provided his two best bounty hunters, Black Krrsantan and Boba Fett. While Fett was to track down Luke Skywalker, the Rebel who destroyed the Death Star and who was secretly Vader's son, Black Krrsantan was hired to find and capture an agent of the Emperor. Vader wanted this agent, whose identity and purpose Darth Sidious did not reveal to the Dark Lord, in order to find out why he was working for the Emperor.
Black Krrsantan successfully tracked down the Emperor's agent and discovered that he was moving illegal alien parts to a secret base in the Outer Rim. The agent discovered Krrsantan was following him before he could find out where the base was or what he was doing for the Emperor. Krrsantan captured the agent and brought him to Vader aboard his Nubian starship, where he witnessed the agent, whose named was Cylo-IV, being killed by Vader's new torture droid, 0-0-0, but not before providing the information Krrsantan had previously failed to acquire.
Sometime after his contract for Vader expired, Krrsantan was summoned along with fellow bounty hunters Bossk, IG-90 and Beebox to a cantina on Son-tuul where, as he waited for his fellows, Krrsantan entered the cantina's fighting pits, where captured Wookiees fought each other for the entertainment of the customers. Krrsantan strangled a fighter and took his place to become a contestant, becoming one of the only Wookiees to enter the pits willingly. The Wookiee bounty hunter won the fight by beating his opponent to death.
After the fight, Krrsantan joined Beebox, Bossk and IG-90 in the cantina where they were approached by rogue archaeologist Aphra, who had issued the summons. She told the assembled bounty hunters about her plans for a heist: the Empire had just broken the criminal element known as the Son-tuul Pride, which dominated Son-tuul's underworld. The fortune they had hoarded was in transit to the Imperial vaults. Aphra told the bounty hunters that she had inside information which would allow them to locate the transport, circumvent the guards and get away, and that she was offering them a part in exchange for their services.
Personality and traitsEdit
Skills and abilitiesEdit
- Star Wars 15: From the Journals of Old Ben Kenobi
- Star Wars 20: From the Journals of Old Ben Kenobi
- Darth Vader 1: Vader (First appearance)
- Star Wars 4: Skywalker Strikes, Part IV (Indirect mention only)
- Darth Vader 4: Vader, Part IV
- Darth Vader 5: Vader, Part V (Mentioned only; in the opening crawl)
- Darth Vader 7: Shadows and Secrets, Part I
- Darth Vader 8: Shadows and Secrets, Part II
- Darth Vader 9: Shadows and Secrets, Part III (Indirect mention only)
- Darth Vader 14: Vader Down, Part IV
- Star Wars 14: Vader Down, Part V
- Darth Vader 15: Vader Down, Part VI
- Darth Vader 16: The Shu-Torun War, Part I
- Darth Vader 20: End of Games, Part I
- Darth Vader 21: End of Games, Part II
- Darth Vader 22: End of Games, Part III
- Darth Vader 23: End of Games, Part IV
- Darth Vader 25: End of Games, Part VI
- Doctor Aphra 1: Book I, Part I
- Doctor Aphra 2: Book I, Part II
- Doctor Aphra 3: Book I, Part III
- Doctor Aphra 4: Book I, Part IV
- Doctor Aphra 5: Book I, Part V