Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A blast door, alternatively referred to as a shielded door or safety door, was a type of door found on many starships and high-security facilities.
Blast doors were extra doors that were closed next to a room's regular entrance or other closed door to provide extra reinforcements against hostile forces such as explosives, powerful blasters, or even lightsabers. Blast doors could also be used to seal off a portion of a ship which has been breached from the vacuum of space. In 32 BBY, Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn tried to melt through a blast door with his lightsaber to get to the Trade Federation's Viceroy. His efforts were met with initial success, but the droidekas on the ship drove him away before he could finish. In Neimoidian society, which focused heavily on one's status, this symbolism extended to the blast doors on the Saak'ak, with three blast doors indicating that the ones behind the room were of very high-level and were thus superior. Blast doors were also present on the Death Star I as large rectangular doors that slowly opened and closed. Han Solo and Chewbacca escaped from pursuing stormtroopers by leaping through a closing blast door during their rescue of Princess Leia.
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game
- Star Wars Campaign Pack
- Battle for Endor
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back
- Death Star Technical Companion
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen
- Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley
- Star Wars Gamemaster Handbook
- Death Star Technical Companion, Second Edition
- "Wanted by Cracken"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 1
- The Last Command Sourcebook
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- Shadows of the Empire Planets Guide
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Episode I
- Secrets of Mos Eisley"—Star Wars Gamer 7 "
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Galaxy at War
- Galaxy of Intrigue
- The Unknown Regions
- Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook
- Strongholds of Resistance