|Usage and history|
The Blast vest, also called semi-armor or protective vest, was a type of light armor which protected a humanoid's torso. Despite the name, they provided only minimal protection from blaster bolts and other energy attacks. However, they effectively protected the torso from physical attacks such as shrapnel from explosive grenades or bullets from slugthrowers. Blast vests left the limbs unprotected, but did not therefore hinder the user's mobility. During the Galactic Civil War, protective vests came in a variety of types, with varying levels of coverage and protection. Some covered only the front part of the torso while others covered both front and back. The Mk 45 Protective Vest was one popular model. Prices for a blast vest during the Galactic Civil War ranged from about 300 credits for a simple vest to 500 credits for a blast vest which came with a matching blast helmet.
- "Force Convention"
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars 1
- Star Wars 6: Is This the Final Chapter?
- Operation: Elrood
- Murder on the Executor
- "Laughter after Dark"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 15 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Dark Force Rising (as light armor vest)
- "Blaze of Glory"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 8
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, First Edition (As "protective vest")
- The Star Wars Sourcebook (As "protective vest")
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition
- Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game
- "The Calm Before the Storm"
- Bartyn's Landing"—Star Wars Gamer 7 "
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide