- "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."
- ―Han Solo, to Luke Skywalker on the supposed advantages of a blaster over a lightsaber
A blaster was any type of ranged weapon that fired bolts of intense plasma energy. They came in a variety of sizes and shapes, including blaster pistols, heavy blaster pistols, and blaster rifles. Blaster artillery could also be mounted on droids and vehicles. They could deliver variable levels of damage intensity, from stun to kill settings. They also could hit with great frictional or even explosive force, allowing a bolt to kill on impact even if the target is armored. Some blaster hits could cause bleeding instead of burning, or could do both, with the explosive force causing other damage around the wound. Despite their blazing concussive blasts, those ranged energized particle weapons could be countered by magnetic seals and deflector shields. The blade of a lightsaber could also deflect incoming blaster bolts. In the Security Forces of Naboo, some blasters were equipped with ascension guns. Some blasters could fire low-powered training bolts characterized by their orange color.
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- "Cowboy Jedi"—Star Wars Insider 152
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 152
- Star Wars Rebels: Fight the Empire
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Rebels: Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- (Set: 75106 Imperial Assault Carrier)
- Star Wars Rebels: Rebel Power!
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- Blaster on Wikipedia