|Physical and technical specifications|
|Usage and history|
A blaster cannon, also known as a flash cannon, was a limited-range heavy artillery variant of the handheld blaster. Blaster cannons were commonly fitted aboard atmospheric vehicles, however, a portable shoulder-fired version was also used to inflict devastation on vehicles, troops, and structures.
Blaster cannons derived their energy from power packs of ionized cryogenic cells. Unlike laser cannons, blaster cannons could be set at various levels of damage, ranging from stun to full power. Aside, there existed several designations of blaster cannon strength, including light blaster cannons, medium blaster cannons and heavy blaster cannons. Blaster cannons were commonly less powerful than laser cannons, though were quite effective during atmospheric combat, especially against ground troops and vehicles.
Notable military vehicles that utilized blaster cannons in their arsenal included the military version Seraph-class urban landspeeder produced by SoroSuub Corporation, All Terrain Scout Transports, the 74-Z speeder bikes of the Galactic Empire, the C-9979 landing craft produced by Haor Chall Engineering, as well as the TIE/In interceptor. The Arakyd Industries Viper probe droid was similarly equipped with a blaster cannon.
Certain large battle droids had blaster cannons built into their chassis. Examples of these included the DSD1 dwarf spider droid, the A-DSD advanced dwarf spider droid, and the LM-432 crab droid.
The portable version of the blaster cannon was used by Spacetroopers. Bounty hunter droid IG-88 was also proficient with this weapon. The YVH-series battle droid used a variable-powered blaster cannon as its primary weapon.
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- Imperial Sourcebook, First Edition
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back (First Edition)
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game
- Roleplaying Game Revised Core Rulebook
- Harbingers of Doom"—Star Wars Gamer 7 "
- Roleplaying Game: Saga Edition Core Rulebook
- Starships of the Galaxy (Saga Edition)
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide (as "CR-1 blast cannon")
- Galaxy at War
- Legacy Era Campaign Guide
- Star Wars: Battle for Naboo
- Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual
- The Art and Making of Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Battlefront: Prima Official Game Guide
- Battlefront II: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I ("Gistang, Jes") (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Episode Guide
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Viper Probe Droid)
- Suns of Fortune
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 Roleplaying Game: Saga Edition Core Rulebook
- ↑ Roleplaying Game Revised Core Rulebook
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Scavenger's Guide to Droids
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Dark Empire Sourcebook
- ↑ Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back