Blaster cannons derived their energy from power packs of ionized cryogenic cells. Unlike laser cannons, blaster cannons could be set at various levels of damage, ranging from stun to full power. Aside, there existed several designations of blaster cannon strength, including light blaster cannons, medium blaster cannons and heavy blaster cannons. Blaster cannons were commonly less powerful than laser cannons, though were quite effective during atmospheric combat, especially against ground troops and vehicles.
Notable military vehicles that utilized blaster cannons in their arsenal included the military version Seraph-class urban landspeeder produced by SoroSuub Corporation, All Terrain Scout Transports, the 74-Z speeder bikes of the Galactic Empire, the C-9979 landing craft produced by Haor Chall Engineering, as well as the TIE/In interceptor. The Arakyd Industries Viper probe droid was similarly equipped with a blaster cannon.
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back (First Edition)
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game
- Harbingers of Doom"—Star Wars Gamer 7 "
- Starships of the Galaxy (Saga Edition)
- Star Wars: Battle for Naboo
- Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual
- The Art and Making of Star Wars: The Old Republic