Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Blaster gas was a chemically-enhanced fluid that was used in blasters. By emitting the gas through several chambers the blaster converted the gas into a particle beam. There were hundreds of different types of blaster gas in use throughout the galaxy, such as tibanna from Bespin. The six most common types of blaster gas were eleton, orveth, prothium, sig, skevon and tolium. Blaster gas contained many chemicals and minerals that enhanced the beam a blaster was able to fire, and it also influenced the color, properties and density of the beam. On remote and barren worlds like Tatooine where blaster gas was in short supply, the people were forced to rely on more primitive forms of defensive weaponry. Some people even resorted to stealing and smuggling rarer types of gas to make a larger profit, or to keep for themselves. The black market also employed several weapon development companies, allowing them to get word of new blaster gas ideas from scientists before they came out on the market. An example of such a company would be Blethern Gas Industries, who harvested gas from many planets, such as the gas giant planets of Bespin, Yavin, and Taloraan.
- Cracken's Rebel Field Guide
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition
- Planets of the Galaxy, Volume One
- Heir to the Empire Sourcebook
- Star Wars Gamemaster Handbook
- Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook
- The Star Wars Planets Collection
- Shadows of the Empire Planets Guide
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook