A blockade was the general term for a military action designed to prevent supplies from reaching an enemy via an outside source. On a planetary level, nautical warships could prevent aquatic cargo ships from delivering goods to coastal regions; often this required a large number of warships. On a much larger scale, starfleets could be used to establish a blockade around a planet to prevent supply vessels from coming and going. The act of a planetary blockade typically included cutting off the targeted world's means of offplanet communications, either through signal jamming or destruction of HoloNet transceivers; though the former was possible on small, backwater worlds, the latter was the usual course of action as planetwide signal jamming was a very difficult feat to pull of on highly-populated worlds. Planetary blockades usually required numerous task-specific warships as well. Even the most effective blockades had to deal with the occasional smuggling vessels, though depending on the nature of the blockade any such ships that were intercepted could be either forcibly turned back or simply destroyed on sight. Some smugglers, like Han Solo, were particularly skilled at running blockades.
- Blockade of the Core Worlds
- Blockade of Corellia
- Blockade of Doornik-319
- Blockade of Naboo
- Blockade of Kashyyyk
- Blockade of Sif'kric
- Blockade of Taris
- Blockade of the Utegetu Nebula
- Blockade of Yavin
- Timeline 2: The Mandalorian Blockade is Broken (Appears in hologram)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- A Mon Alone (Mentioned only)
- (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cat and Mouse"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Supply Lines"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Storm Over Ryloth"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sphere of Influence"
- Flames of Rebellion
- Tempest Feud
- (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Bloodlines
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- Living Force Campaign Guide
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Antidar Williams)
- "Rogues Gallery: Clearance for Immediate Launch"—Star Wars Insider 146