Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A blockade was the general term for a military action designed to prevent supplies from reaching an enemy via an outside source. On a planetary level, nautical warships could prevent aquatic cargo ships from delivering goods to coastal regions; often this required a large number of warships. On a much larger scale, starfleets could be used to establish a blockade around a planet to prevent supply vessels from coming and going.
The act of a planetary blockade typically included cutting off the targeted world's means of offplanet communications, either through signal jamming or destruction of HoloNet transceivers; though the former was possible on small, backwater worlds, the latter was the usual course of action as planetwide signal jamming was a very difficult feat to pull of on highly-populated worlds. Planetary blockades usually required numerous task-specific warships as well. Even the most effective blockades had to deal with the occasional smuggling vessels, though depending on the nature of the blockade any such ships that were intercepted could be either forcibly turned back or simply destroyed on sight. Some smugglers, like Han Solo, were particularly skilled at running blockades.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Timeline 2: The Mandalorian Blockade is Broken (Appears in hologram)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- A Mon Alone (Mentioned only)
- (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cat and Mouse"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Supply Lines"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Storm Over Ryloth"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sphere of Influence"
- Flames of Rebellion
- Tempest Feud
- The Empire Strikes Back: A Storybook
- (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Bloodlines
- Cracken's Rebel Field Guide
- "The Free-Trader's Guide to Sevarcos"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 2
- "Recon & Report: The Journey to Coruscant"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 2
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- Shadows of the Empire Planets Guide
- Living Force Campaign Guide
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Edge of Darkness (Card: Imperial Blockade)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Antidar Williams)
- "Rogues Gallery: Clearance for Immediate Launch"—Star Wars Insider 146
- Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook
- Fly Casual
- Strongholds of Resistance