- "The average humanoid adult has a blood volume of approximately four-point-nine liters, of which two-point-seven liters is plasma. Humanoid survival with an untreated Class Four blood loss—that is, greater than forty percent of total volume—is unlikely for more than a few minutes. The amount of blood soaked into this carpet is, I estimate, nearly three liters. Even if the deceased had recently spent some months at an altitude sufficient to have radically thickened his blood, his red cell count could not be sufficient to allow survival with such a volumetric loss."
- ―I-5YQ, on the stabbing death of Ves Volette
Blood was a bodily fluid that many species had. It provided a way for the body to transport oxygen, nutrients, waste and other things vital to survival over the body. The color of blood varied between species. Most species, including Humans, Chiss, and Aqualish, had red blood. Duros, Zabraks, Falleen, Rodians, and Trandoshans had green blood, Rattataki and Talz had blue blood, Geonosians had yellow blood, Devaronians, Aleena, Massassi and Yuuzhan Vong had black blood.
Behind the scenesEdit
There are occurrences of blood in the Star Wars films. In Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, a brief splatter of blood can be seen when Darth Maul is cut by Obi-Wan. In "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones", Obi-Wan Kenobi has blood on him after Dooku cut his arms and legs. In Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, blood can be only seen inside the canisters of the medical droid when Darth Vader is receiving medical treatment after losing the duel against Obi-Wan Kenobi. In Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, Ponda Baba lost his arm to Obi-Wan Kenobi's blade, producing a trail of blood. However, any subsequent time a limb is seen lost, the lightsaber flash-cauterizes the wound, resulting in little to no blood loss.
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire trading cards (Card: )
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire trading cards (Card: ) (Picture only)
- Planets of the Galaxy, Volume Two
- The Star Wars Planets Collection
- Alien Encounters
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- Ultimate Adversaries
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side
Notes and referencesEdit
- Blood on Wikipedia