Blount was a male human who served as a lieutenant in the Rebel Alliance during the Galactic Civil War. During the Battle of Endor, in which the Alliance attacked the Galactic Empire's Death Star II battle station, Blount served alongside General Airen Cracken as a gunner in the quad laser turrets of the Millennium Falcon. WIth Blount onboard, General Lando Calrissian fired the shots from the pilot's seat that destroyed the Death Star's reactor core and triggered the battle station's destruction.
Behind the scenesEdit
Blount appeared in the 1983 film Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, standing in the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon just prior to the Battle of Endor. He was portrayed by Trevor Butterfield, who played a wide variety of roles in both Return of the Jedi and in 1980's The Empire Strike Back. Butterfield filmed additional scenes as Blount, running through the Falcon's corridors and manning the ship's quad turrets alongside General Cracken, but they ultimately went unused in the film's final cut. The rough, unedited footage was later included in the 2011 Blu-ray Disc release of Star Wars: The Complete Saga, and both Blount and Cracken were confirmed as being the ship's gunners during the Battle of Endor in the 2015 book Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know.
The name "Blount" originates in Star Wars Legends continuity, as Decipher, Inc.'s Star Wars Customizable Card Game christened Butterfield's Rebel character in its 2000 expansion set "Death Star II Limited." The name was brought into current Star Wars canon with the release of Absolutely Everything You Need to Know.
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (First identified as Blount)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, p. 182
- ↑ Trevor Butterfield interview - Lieutenant Blount - Star Wars. Star Wars Interviews. Archived from the original on March 26, 2016. Retrieved on March 26, 2016.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Battle of Endor: The Lost Rebels (Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi deleted scene)—Star Wars: The Complete Saga Blu-ray release
- ↑ Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Death Star II Limited (Card: Lieutenant Blount)