- "I'll take you as far as Blowback Town. There’s a Blarina merchant there named Ohn Gos who is afflicted with the sorry habit of listening sympathetically. I’ll introduce you. After that, you’re on your own."
- ―Naka Iit tells Poe Dameron about Blowback Town
Blowback Town was a settlement on the desert planet Jakku. Around thirty years after the Battle of Endor, the Blarina merchant Ohn Gos operated in the town, and when the Blarina scavenger Naka Iit found the Resistance pilot Poe Dameron lost in the deserts he agreed to take the pilot to Blowback Town in his speeder so he might arrange transport offworld with Gos. En route, the pair were attacked by the criminal Strus clan, but Dameron was able to escape them and earn Iit's gratitude, causing the Blarina to promise to intercede with Gos in Blowback and ensure Dameron found passage offworld. The pilot successfully left the planet soon after.
Behind the scenesEdit
Blowback Town was first mentioned in the novelization of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, which was written by Alan Dean Foster and released in conjunction with the movie in 2015. It was not mentioned in the film itself, but as the scene containing his mention in the novel in no way contradicts the film, this article assumes it is canon.
- Aftermath: Empire's End (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel (Mentioned only)