The Blue Shadow Virus was a deadly disease that spread like a plague in the galaxy many years before the Clone Wars. Although the virus was eradicated, Doctor Nuvo Vindi of the Confederacy of Independent Systems re-engineered the virus on Naboo. He attempted to spread it across the planet, but he was stopped by the Galactic Republic and the Jedi Order.
- "The Blue Shadow Virus in its natural form thrives only in water."
- ―Dr. Nuvo Vindi
The Blue Shadow Virus, in its natural form, was a waterborne virus. A victim infected with the plague only had 48 hours to live before the virus became fatal. It was notorious for being supposedly incurable, though an antidote was able to be synthesized with reeksa root, a rare plant only found on the planet Iego. Generations after the virus died out, it was resurrected by Doctor Nuvo Vindi, who re-engineered it into an airborne form.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Blue Shadow Virus" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Mystery of a Thousand Moons"
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ; image #14 (of 29)
- ; image #19 (of 29)