- "Commander, we just lost Blue Squadron!"
- ―Red Leader at the Battle of Muunilinst
Blue Squadron was a Galactic Republic starfighter squadron active during the Clone Wars that flew a variety of craft, including V-19 Torrents, Z-95 Headhunters, BTL-B Y-wings, and ARC-170 starfighters.
Early in the war, the clone pilots of Blue Squadron flew V-19 Torrent starfighters. This Blue Squadron fought in the Battle of Muunilinst, under the command of Anakin Skywalker. Its pilots assisted in the destruction of the orbital gun platforms, though the squadron was wiped out when Asajj Ventress joined the fray in her Ginivex-class starfighter. It was presumably reformed, as another clone V-19 Blue Squadron participated at the Battle of Rendili.
When Jedi General Anakin Skywalker secured BTL-B Y-wing starfighters for the Grand Army of the Republic, Blue Squadron was outfitted with a flight of them bearing blue markings, thereby augmenting the V-19s that they fielded.
Jedi Padawan Commander Ahsoka Tano would have the honor of leading Blue Squadron as Blue Leader at the Battle of Ryloth. During the battle Blue Squadron sustained heavy losses after Ahsoka disobeyed a direct order to retreat.
At the battle of Ukio, General Keelyvine Reus, commanded Blue Squadron against the CIS invasion force that assaulted the planet. The Separatist's had released electromagnetic soil from Moorja which clung to the Ukio planetary shield. They engineered the soil to be photoreactive so that it moved along the shield as the planet rotated around it's sun, created an artificial and mobile solar eclipse which threatened to destroy all the valuable crops on the agriworld. A section of the planetary shield had to be dropped to allow the soil to dissipate in the atmosphere. Blue squadron assaulted the CIS forces to prevent them taking advantage of the opening the shield and directly assault the planet below.
After the development of the Aggressive ReConnaissance-170 starfighter, Blue Squadron was among the units in the Republic fleet to receive ARC-170s for combat and utilized them at the Siege of Saleucami. The pilots of the ARC-170s favored a configuration that provided more power to weapons than to shields, when compared to Red Squadron.
Known members during the Battle of MuunilinstEdit
Known members during the Battle of RylothEdit
- Blue Leader: Ahsoka Tano
- Blue 2: Axe †
- Blue 3: Slammer †
- Blue 4: Kickback
- Blue 5: Tucker †
- Group 2 Leader: Swoop
Known members during the Battle of UkioEdit
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 10" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Clone Cadets" (Appears in Newsreel)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Storm Over Ryloth"
- The Clone Wars: Act on Instinct
- The Clone Wars 10: Hero of the Confederacy, Part 1
- Star Wars: Republic: Dreadnaughts of Rendili
- Star Wars: Republic: Siege of Saleucami
- Star Wars PocketModel TCG – Base Set (Card: Blue Squadron ARC-170)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Visual Guide
- Star Wars PocketModel TCG – Clone Wars (Card: Blue Squadron Y-wing)
- Star Wars PocketModel TCG – Clone Wars (Card: Blue Squadron V-19 Torrent)
- Star Wars PocketModel TCG – Clone Wars Tactics (Card: Blue Squadron Y-wing)
- Star Wars PocketModel TCG – Clone Wars Tactics (Card: Blue Squadron V-19 Torrent)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 10"
- ↑ Star Wars: Republic: Dreadnaughts of Rendili
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars PocketModel TCG: Clone Wars
- ↑ Star Wars PocketModel TCG: Clone Wars Tactics
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Storm Over Ryloth"
- ↑ The Clone Wars: Act on Instinct
- ↑ Star Wars: Republic: Siege of Saleucami