Blue Squadron was an airspeeder and starfighter squadron that served as part of the Rebel Alliance's starfighter corps during the Galactic Civil War. The squadron most notably participated in battles such as the Battle of Scarif, Siege on Tureen VII, the Battle of Hoth and the Battle of Endor.
- "Squadron up. Target: Eadu."
- ―General Draven ordering a strike
Blue Squadron, under the command of General Antoc Merrick as Blue Leader, took part in the Battle of Scarif along with Red Squadron, Green Squadron, and Gold Squadron. Blue Squadron was expanded into a unit well beyond the usual 12 ships of the same design. It was a mix of X-wings, assigned to escort UT-60D U-wings into combat zones and, a small number of Y-wings reallocated from squadrons in neighboring sectors. Heff Tobber (Blue Eight), Calum Gram (Blue Nine), and Laren Joma (Blue Eleven with Taslet Colb as copilot and Bistan as gunner) all flew U-wings while Paril Ritta (Blue Twelve) served as a Y-wing pilot. 
Battle on ScarifEdit
Blue Squadron X-wings accompanied the rest of the Alliance Fleet to the aid of Rogue One on Scarif below. Blue Squadron was tasked with penetrating the shield gate and providing air support and infantry reinforcements to Rogue One. On the approach to the shield gate, Merrick, at least six other Blue Group X-wings and Laren Joma's U-wing managed to bypass the Imperial defences and travel down toward the surface. However, the gate was shut, forcing Vangos Grek (Blue Six) and another X-wing pilot to pull up. Both were destroyed on impact with the planetary shield, but Barion Raner (Blue Four), Jaldine Gerams (Blue Three) and at least 2 other X-wings managed to avoid impact and went to assist the Rebel fleet in space above.
In the air around the Citadel, U-wings and X-wings were able to provide air support to and reinforce the troops on the ground, destroying the AT-ACTs and engaging Imperial TIE/sk x1 experimental air superiority fighters in the air. During the battle, the upper starboard engine of Merrick's T-65B was damaged by a TIE striker, causing his ship to spiral toward the ground, killing him on impact. Most, if not all, of Blue Squadron's craft were destroyed at Scarif. The squadron's decimation at Scarif and the loss of its commanding officer meant that Blue Squadron would not be present at the following climactic battle at Yavin, leaving Red, Gold and Green Squadrons to take on that engagement.
- Blue Leader: General Antoc Merrick (KIA)
- Blue Two: Torius Chord
- Blue Three: Jaldine Gerams
- Blue Four: Barion Raner
- Blue Five: Farns Monsbee
- Blue Six: Vangos Grek (KIA)
- Blue Seven: Robich Duggsin
- Blue Eight: Lieutenant Heff Tobber
- Blue Nine: Calum Gram
- Blue Eleven: Warrant Officer Laren Joma (KIA) and Lieutenant Taslet Colb (KIA)
- Blue Twelve: Paril Ritta
- Unidentified Blue Squadron pilot
After the incident on Vrogas Vas, Blue Squadron was deployed to the stolen Imperial-class Star Destroyer Harbinger, where they were launched during the Siege on Tureen VII to defend the Star Destroyer until the moon bases were destroyed and several X-Wings of the squadron were destroyed.
Battle of HothEdit
Blue Squadron was also part of the Rebel force stationed on Hoth when the Empire discovered the base, launching an invasion that signaled the commencement of the Battle of Hoth. Using T-47 airspeeders, the pilots of Blue Squadron helped to defend Echo Base from All Terrain Armored Transports (AT-ATs) and All Terrain Scout Transports (AT-STs). They destroyed the AT-STs with the speeder's primary blasters and used their harpoon and tow cables to defeat the AT-ATs. This allowed three transports to escape the base.
Battle of EndorEdit
- Blue Five: Ten Numb
Behind the scenesEdit
Blue Squadron appears in the second season of the non-Canon LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures animated series. The squadron appeared in four of the five promotional short films designed to promote the series. Blue Squadron is led by Lieutenant Valeria, who leads the squadron into combat against the Galactic Empire in several skirmishes. In the series, Blue Squadron act as supporting characters to the Freemakers, a family of scavengers who join the Rebel Alliance.
- Star Wars Battlefront II (DLC)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization
- Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: Rogue One Graphic Novel Adaptation
- Rogue One Adaptation 5
- Rogue One Adaptation 6
- Star Wars Battlefront
- "Laina"—From a Certain Point of View (Mentioned only)
- "Duty Roster"—From a Certain Point of View (Mentioned only)
- "Grounded"—From a Certain Point of View (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 24: The Last Flight of the Harbinger, Part IV
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: Rogue One: Rebel Dossier
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Dawn of Rebellion
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- ; image #13 (of 15)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars Battlefront
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Star Wars 24: The Last Flight of the Harbinger, Part IV
- ↑ "Grounded"—From a Certain Point of View
- ↑ Star Wars: Card Trader
- ↑ LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Thrown Into Battle"
- ↑ LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Rowan's Secret Adventure"
- ↑ LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Zander Freemaker, Superstar Pilot Guy!"