- "No outsider will ever rule Mandalore!"
- ―Bo-Katan Kryze, to Darth Maul
Bo-Katan Kryze was a female human from the planet Mandalore who served Death Watch during the Clone Wars. She was the sister of Mandalorian Duchess Satine Kryze, whose pacifist reign Bo-Katan opposed. As a member of Death Watch, Bo-Katan became the trusted lieutenant of the group's leader, Pre Vizsla, and joined with him as a member of Darth Maul's Shadow Collective. After the group successfully took over Mandalore, Bo-Katan split from the Shadow Collective once Maul killed Pre Vizsla and became the leader of Death Watch. Bo-Katan and her Nite Owls fought against Maul's followers, and she helped Obi-Wan Kenobi—a close friend of the late Satine, who was killed by Darth Maul—escape from Mandalore.
By the time of the Clone Wars, Bo-Katan had joined Death Watch and was working a lieutenant under Pre Vizsla. She also led a small group known as the Nite Owls. After Death Watch set up camp on Carlac, Bo-Katan met with former Separatist Lux Bonteri and his friend Ahsoka Tano. When Bonteri and Tano turned against them, Bo-Katan chased them down.
- "We allied ourselves to Sith before. Count Dooku, he betrayed us. Sith are no better than Jedi. They claim to be powerful, but we put these two back together after the Jedi gutted them."
- ―Bo-Katan about joining the brothers
Following the events on Carlac, Bo-Katan and Vizsla discovered an escape pod containing two Zabraks; the former Sith Lord Maul and his brother, Savage Opress following their skirmish with Obi-Wan Kenobi and the Ohnaka Gang on Florrum. They then brought the two to their camp on Zanbar to heal them. When Maul awoke, Bo-Katan was Force choked when she pointed her blasters at him. However, Vizsla threatened to kill Savage if harm came to Bo-Katan. Bo-Katan was then let go and Vizsla and Savage introduced themselves to each other.
As a proud Mandalorian warrior, Bo-Katan often wore a full suit of Mandalorian armor, complete with a helmet and Z-6 jetpack. Like the other female members of Death Watch, the viewports in her helmet were shaped in a manner more reminiscent of the outline of the human eye, instead of the more masculine-looking T-shape used for the armor of Death Watch leader Pre Vizla and bounty hunter Jango Fett.
Behind the scenesEdit
Bo-Katan's voice was provided by American actress Katee Sackhoff for her appearances in The Clone Wars. In the character's first appearance in the "A Friend in Need", her face was concealed by her Mandalorian helmet. On September 10, 2016, Katee Sackhoff revealed that Bo-Katan would make an appearance in the animated series Star Wars Rebels at Oz Comic-Con Sydney.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Friend in Need" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shades of Reason"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lawless"
- Star Wars Rebels
- (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Rebels: Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Friend in Need"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lawless"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Academy"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Skirmish on Florrum"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Katee Sackhoff at Oz Comic-Con Sydney. Darryl James (September 10, 2016). "We're at Sydney Comic Con today and heres hot actress Katee Sackhoff onstage now. She just announced she's just voiced her Star Wars role again for Rebels." (archive copy created on September 10, 2016) (screenshot)