- "Captain, we show aother hull breach, port side, on decks RR through ZZ. But sensors reveal no sign of vacuum."
"We've been boarded."
- ―An Imperial bridge officer and Captain Ciena Ree
A boarding craft, also known as a boarding ship or landing pod, was a type of starship designed to facilitate the insertion of soldiers into enemy vessels and installations. Some boarding craft were able to create a pressure seal when they attached themselves to a ship, preventing the leakage of the vessel's atmosphere. During the Clone Wars, the Confederacy of Independent Systems utilized a model of boarding craft known as the Droch-class boarding ship, which used prongs to attach itself to its desired target. During the Battle of Jakku, a battle that took place late in the Galactic Civil War, the New Republic used boarding craft in an attempt to capture the Imperial Star Destroyer Inflictor, forcing its commanding officer, Captain Ciena Ree, to scuttle the vessel by crashing it into the planet's surface.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rising Malevolence" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cloak of Darkness"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Jedi Crash" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voyage of Temptation"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duchess of Mandalore" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Lost Stars (as troop transport)
- (as pod-hunter)
- (First identified as landing pod)
- (First identified as boarding ship)
- (First identified as boarding craft)