While many in the galaxy required the need to travel between the stars, those constantly living in one place on their home planets required less sophisticated varieties of transport. For use across the water masses, many cultures on various worlds employed simple boats - primitive wooden handmade watercraft.
The boats of Somov Rit varied in size, but seemed to follow similar, simple designs. The people of Somov Rit used longpoles to push the boats through the marshy waters. The elder Governor Quarg of Drexel exiled a number of technos on the boat to be left adrift, thinking they would perish at the sea; instead, they became the first Dragon Lords. On Naboo, both Gungans and the Human colonists developed a variety of sophisticated aquatic vehicles. Nevertheless, simple fishing rigs were still used by the fishermen, such as ones in the Solleu River in Theed. Simple wind-blown boats and canoes were also used by people of Cerea, as well as Ewoks.
- Lost Tribe of the Sith: Pandemonium
- Star Wars: Jedi vs. Sith
- Star Wars: Republic: Prelude to Rebellion
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (video game)
- Dark Times 16: Blue Harvest, Part 4
- Star Wars: Droids—"Across the Roon Sea"
- Star Wars 13: Day of the Dragon Lords (First appearance)
- The Wookiee Storybook (Mentioned only)
- Ewoks 9: The Underwater Kingdom
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"The Land of the Gupins"
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"Prow Beaten"
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"Battle for the Sunstar" (Mentioned only)
- "The Spira Regatta"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 1
- Monsters and Aliens from George Lucas (Non-canonical appearance)
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook
- Planets of the Galaxy, Volume One (As "ship")
- Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races, Second Edition (As "sailing ship")
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- "The Free-Trader's Guide to Sevarcos"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 2 (As "sailing ship")
- The Star Wars Planets Collection (As "ship")
- Suns of Fortune
- Strongholds of Resistance