- "History...Is an interesting thing. We know only...the versions we are told. It does not mean...that there are not...other truths."
Bobbajo was a male Nu-Cosian with a white beard who lived on Jakku approximately thirty years after the Battle of Endor. He carried a group of animals around in cages, including frog-like gwerps, chicken-like pishnes, a lonlan, two zhhee and an ill-tempered worrt named J'Rrosch . He roamed between the settlements of the planet telling stories to local villagers and entertaining children with the talents of his menagerie. He claims his creatures were responsible for the destruction of the first Death Star, but few believe him. This earned him the names of the "Storyteller" and the "Crittermonger".
Behind the scenesEdit
Bobbajo was first shown in "Star Wars: Force for Change - A Message from J.J. Abrams", a video released on YouTube in 2014 in which J.J. Abrams introduced the charity campaign Star Wars: A Force for Change. The video was filmed on the set of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens and showed the creature walking behind Abrams while he talked, at one stage drawing the director's attention. He was one of the first new characters from Episode VII to have been shown. He was portrayed by Aidan Cook in the film
A similar alien made a cameo appearance in Star Wars 1: Skywalker Strikes, the first issue of the Marvel comic book series Star Wars, in a scene where Luke Skywalker discovers a cage filled with Imperial slaves.
- "All Creatures Great and Small" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- The Force Awakens, Part I
- "Launch Pad"—Star Wars Insider 151
- (First identified as Bobbajo)
- "Bantha Tracks"—Star Wars Insider 160
- Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars The Force Awakens Series 1 (Card: Bobbajo)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
Notes and referencesEdit