|Chronological and political information|
- "Bom Vimdin is a true mercenary: one who would sell his soul, the fate of his people, and even that of the galaxy for a few credits. He cares little for what happens to those he harms provided the credit balance in his account grows."
- ―Airen Cracken
Bom Vimdin was a Advozse smuggler and mercenary during the Galactic Civil War. A pessimistic, reclusive being, he had no loyalties to anyone other than himself, and cared only for his credit balance. Around 0 BBY, he was a regular at Chalmun's Cantina in Mos Eisley, though he was widely disliked. Vimdin worked for a wide array of corrupt and dishonorable officials in his life, though his operations thrived during the time of the New Republic.
The Advozse made great profits transporting fugitive Imperials from New Republic territory to those controlled by the Empire, and although he was caught and apprehended many times, his loyal network of spies were able to free him. Eventually, his activities were deemed a threat to the New Republic and Security Chief Airen Cracken added him to his most wanted list. Thought to be one of the best at his profession, Vimdin was a wealthy being for most of his life, though he completely shunned the company of others.
Vimdin preferred to work for corrupt officials, including the Galactic Empire. He was very pessimistic and territorial. Bom demanded high prices for his work, but according to Han Solo, Vimdin was among the best in the smuggler business. General Airen Cracken, who added Vimdin to his most wanted list, was certain that Bom would sell his soul and that of his people for a few credits. Although he had been captured more than once, nobody was able to retrieve any information from him regarding the officials who worked for him and protected him. Vimdin owned a Ghtroc freighter called the Blood Freeze.
He was in Chalmun's Cantina when Luke Skywalker met Han Solo for the first time. Bom would later go on to have a son, Brin Vimdin, who became a leader in the Advozsec resistance against the Yuuzhan Vong.
Behind the scenesEdit
In the Ultimate Alien Anthology, "Bom Vindim" appears as an example name. This is likely a misspelling of Bom Vimdin. The name is also misspelled "Bom Vimdim" in several sources.
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (First appearance)
- The Star Wars Holiday Special
- There's Many a Slip Betwixt Cup and Lip
- Star Wars Official Poster Monthly 18 (Cover only)
- Wanted by Cracken
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – A New Hope Limited (Card: Advosze)
- Mos Eisley Adventure Set
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic
- "The Last Page"—Star Wars Insider 48
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 15 (German Edition - VIM1-2, Bom Vimdim)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 22 (CAN6, Mos Eisley Cantina Characters)
- University of Sanbra Guide to Intelligent Life: The Advozsec"—Star Wars Gamer 4 "
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- "Jedi Library"—Star Wars Insider 92 (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 1 (Picture only)
- "Monster Mash"—Star Wars Insider 102 (Picture only)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "The Beastmaster!"—Star Wars Insider 126 (Picture only)
- "Incoming"—Star Wars Insider 127
Notes and referencesEdit