Bomas were ravenous beasts native to Onderon and its moon Dxun. Although most bomas were generally small, there were some that were extremely large in size, as experienced by the Jedi Exile and her companions while exploring the moon. They were dangerous predators and known to kill Mandalorians, but they themselves were preyed upon by the zakkeg beasts. Furthermore, they were, like most beasts of Dxun and Onderon, preyed upon by Drexl.
During the restoration of Telos IV, several bomas were intended to be brought to the surface of Telos to help balance out the ecosystem. They may have been intended to control the populations of cannoks.
Behind the scenesEdit
In the video game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, Meetra Surik learned a Force power called beast control by taming a large Boma in the jungles of Dxun moon.
- Tales of the Jedi: Knights of the Old Republic (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Empire's End 2: Rage of the Emperor
- Empire's End audio drama
- "ComicScan: Marvelously Silly Aliens"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 3
- "Straight from the Horse's Mouth: A Guide to the Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi Universe, Part 1"—Star Wars Insider 26
- Tales of the Jedi Companion
- "ComicScan: Telling Tales"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 13
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Operation: Shadowpoint
Notes and referencesEdit