A bombing run was a tactic used by many factions throughout history, wherein a bomber craft—such as a TIE/sa bomber, BTL Y-wing starfighter, or GAT-12 Skipray Blastboat—would lay a load of bombs across a large surface area. Despite being devastating against closely-grouped enemies, a bombing run could be thwarted by well-placed anti-aircraft defenses.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Star Wars: Battlefront (Not identified as bombing run, but used by bombers)
- Star Wars: Battlefront II (Not identified as bombing run, but used by bombers)
- The Mandalorian Armor