Bonnie Burton is a former Content Developer for Lucas Online, StarWars.com Senior Editor, staff writer for Star Wars Insider magazine, and lead writer for The Official Star Wars Blog. She goes by the handle "bonniegrrl" on those and other sites. At StarWars.com, Burton maintained the kids section that includes drawing tutorials, original crafts and fun educational articles and she created the Star Wars Rocks section where she interviews bands, actors, authors and celebs about their love for the films. On May 7th, 2012, Burton tweeted that Lucasfilm has laid her off.
Burton's "marriage" to R2-D2 at Celebration V earned considerable attention and was featured in a video on the Official Site. In a ceremony at the Celebration Chapel, Darth Maul presided, Darth Vader was R2-D2's best man, model and Star Wars fan Adrienne Curry was a bridesmaid, and Lucasfilm's Steve Sansweet gave Burton away. The two have an "open-source" marriage, and according to Burton, "Exchanging restraining bolts is much more romantic than exchanging rings." Burton also wrote about the history of her relationship with the astromech droid on The Official Star Wars Blog.
Outside of the Star Wars world, Burton is the founder of Grrl.com and has written for such magazines as AuctionRover, BUST, Digit, Geek Monthly, Organic Gardening, Wired, Yahoo! Internet Life, and a myriad of zines.
Star Wars bibliographyEdit
- You Can Draw: Star Wars - StarWars.com - First Look: You Can Draw: Star Wars
- The Star Wars Craft Book - StarWars.com - Inside The Star Wars Craft Book
- "Never Threaten To Eat Your Co-Workers: Best of Blogs" - Amazon.com
- "Cool Trooper: The Star Wars Art of Nathan Cabrera" - Star Wars Insider 90
- "Star Wars Goes to School" - Star Wars Insider 90
- "Best of StarWars.com: Darren Hayes: Singing Star Wars' Praises" - Star Wars Insider 94
- "Best of StarWars.com: Kaiser Chiefs: I Predict An Intergalactic Riot" - Star Wars Insider 95
- "Know A Legion" - An on-going StarWars.com feature about 501st Legion Garrisons and Outposts
- Draw Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Planets in Peril
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ StarWars.com video documenting Burton and R2's wedding
- ↑ Burton mentioning R2's best man at the wedding
- ↑ Bonnie describes her marriage to R2
- ↑ Burton gives her thoughts on restraining bolts versus traditional wedding rings
- ↑ The Official Star Wars Blog | Romancing the Droid: Why I Married R2-D2
- Star Wars: Blogs | Droids Just Wanna Have Fun
- The Official Star Wars Blog
- An Interview With Lucasfilm's Bonnie Burton
- Easy Crafts Wiki Interview with Bonnie Burton