Biology and appearanceEdit
Bonzami were massive, quadrupedal creatures that thrived in frigid temperatures. They had plated spines, razor-sharp teeth, and armored heads with horned mouths. Their bodies were mostly covered in white fur, which allowed them to blend in easily with their gelid environment in spite of their large size. Their hide was resistant to blaster bolts, which made them difficult to kill, although they could be driven away by a high enough rate of fire.
Bonzami could be found on Bahryn, one of fifteen moons that orbited the Outer Rim planet Geonosis. In the third year before the Battle of Yavin, Agent Kallus, a member of the Imperial Security Bureau, and Garazeb Orrelios, an anti-Empire freedom fighter, found themselves trapped together in a cavern on Bahryn after the escape pod they were in crash-landed on the moon. While trying to overcome their enmity and find a way out, the two were attacked by a bonzami, which they successfully fended off using their bo-rifles. Later, two bonzami emerged, but the pair managed to narrowly escape through the hole punched through the cave's ceiling.
Behind the scenesEdit
Bonzami first appeared in "The Honorable Ones", the fifteenth episode of the second season of the animated television series Star Wars Rebels. The design of their horn and beak was inspired by that of a truck-mounted snowplow, while their name derives from "Zamboni", a brand of machines used to clean and smooth the surface of ice rinks.
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- (First identified as bonzami)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Star Wars Rebels – "The Honorable Ones"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3
- ↑ Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ The events of this article take place in or after "The Future of the Force", which is the first known episode to take place in the third year before the Battle of Yavin. As such, we can deduce that this event takes place in the third year before the Battle of Yavin. For more information, see Wookieepedia's Timeline of Star Wars Rebels Events.