|Book of Sith|
| Publication information
The Book of Sith was a collection of Sith historical writings assembled into a single book by Darth Sidious. It was bound sometime shortly after the Sith Grand Plan succeeded at dismantling the Galactic Republic, exterminating the Jedi Order, and in placing Sidious in undisputed control of the known galaxy.
The book assembled a group of journalistic writings by various dark siders spanning from writings by Palpatine himself, all the way back to the Second Great Schism nearly 7,000 years prior. Besides Sidious, authors included Sorzus Syn of the old Sith Empire, Darth Malgus of the reconstituted Sith Empire, founder of the Order of the Sith Lords Darth Bane, Nightsisters leader Mother Talzin, and Sidious' own master, Darth Plagueis.
As a result of Operation: Knightfall, which saw the Jedi Temple's occupants and stewards executed as traitors to the Republic, the Archives were opened to Sidious' exploration. It was in the ruins of the Temple that he uncovered these ancient documents, and compiled them into a single volume.
Each of the documents has margin notes hand-written by the various people who held them over time. These include Yoda, Mace Windu, Quinlan Vos, Asajj Ventress, Darth Vader, and Darth Sidious, as well as newer annotations penned when the book was rediscovered by Luke Skywalker in 24 ABY within what was the Emperor's storehouses of Mount Tantiss on Wayland, after stumbling upon a chamber that, until that year remained hidden.
Rather than turn it over to the Historical Council when he discovered it, Skywalker took the book into his own possession. He feared it may have contained dangerous secrets which could not be made public, and kept it for study before deciding on its fate. Besides Skywalker, the only other individuals aware of his discovery were his wife, former Emperor's Hand Mara Jade Skywalker, and his sister Leia Organa Solo. He did, however, implement page numbers into the text and put them into chronological order for the New Republic Intelligence's reference, as part of a favor for Wedge Antilles and his wife, Iella Wessiri of the NRI wanting to review the book.
Sorzus Syn's chronicleEdit
Darth Malgus's war journalEdit
During the Outer Rim campaigns in the opening years of the Great Galactic War, Darth Malgus kept a journal to record his thoughts and experiences. These pages recall some of his struggles in the first years of the war.
The Rule of TwoEdit
There is only two; one to embody the power, and the other to crave it. Some time after the end of the New Sith Wars and Darth Bane's foundation of the Rule of Two, he collected philosophies that would guide the Sith Order for the next thousand years, entitling his work The Rule of Two.
The Science of Creating LifeEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
Removable items locationEdit
- Note from Luke Skywalker (inside front cover)
- Scrap of a Sith burial shroud (between p44-45)
- Coruscant battle map from the Great Galactic War (between p62-63)
- Diagram detailing Palpatine’s political strategies during the Clone Wars (between p148-149)
- Propaganda poster for the Galactic Empire (between p156-157)
- Sith lightsaber crystal (located beneath Book of Sith within Sith Holocron)
- Nightsister talisman (located beneath Book of Sith within Sith Holocron)
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side
- Official Book of Sith Endnotes (part 1)
- Official Book of Sith Endnotes (part 2)
- Official Book of Sith Endnotes (part 3)
- Official Book of Sith Endnotes (part 4)
- Official Book of Sith Endnotes (part 5)
- Official Book of Sith Endnotes (part 6) - Darth Plagueis section