Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The booma consisted of blue plasma from the depths of Naboo's oceanic core, pressurized and forced into a shell that would burst if thrown hard enough. It was very effective against droids and vehicles because the plasma was electrified, and seemed to have the properties of an EMP weapon. It could also burn biological material and leave a trail of plasma "goo" upon impact.
Boomas were made in many different sizes. Small boomas were used by Gungan militiagungs and cavalry, thrown either by bare hands or with the use of weapons such as the cesta or atlatl. Larger ones were launched from falumpaset-towed catapults and launchers attached to the backs of domesticated animals such as the fambaa or lerraa.
Prior to the Invasion of Naboo, Gungans had enjoyed many centuries of peace, and so their weaponry had become more ornamental than practical, though occasionally it was used for security purposes. The Grand Army was sometimes called upon to deter sea creatures from wandering too close to their settlements. During the Battle of Grassy Plains, booma weaponry was used extensively to combat the B1 battle droids of the Trade Federation. General Jar Jar Binks' clumsy misuse of a booma during that battle inadvertently took down the pilot of an Armored Assault Tank, causing the vehicle to crash. He also let loose an entire wagon load of boomas during the Gungan retreat, covering the army in part but also resulting in a large amount of damage to the opposition. In addition, they were also used against General Grievous during the Clone Wars to great success, disabling one of his stolen lightsabers and crippling his cyborg body.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns
- Star Wars: Battlefront
- LEGO Star Wars: The Phantom Menace (As Energy Ball) (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace comic
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace junior novel
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace video game
- Star Wars Episode I: Watch Out, Jar Jar!
- Star Wars: Battlefront
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Star Wars: Republic: The New Face of War
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Gungan Attack"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow Warrior"
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
- Tantive IV
- Star Wars: Episode I toy line
- Star Wars: Power of the Jedi
- Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Star Wars: Episode I The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Theed Palace Limited (Card: Booma)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 11 (GUN1, Gungan Weapons)
- Star Wars Battlefront: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars PocketModel TCG – Ground Assault (Card: Gungan Boomers)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (See energy ball)
- "We Need to Talk About Jar Jar"—Star Wars Insider 131 (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Battle for Naboo
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game Saga Edition Core Rulebook (Identified as "energy ball")