Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Artificial Intelligence worth shaving your head for."
- ―BioTech advertisement
- "Consumers and cyborg engineers continue to rate the Aj^6 as the best ever made. With the proliferation of new cyborg companies, with unproven theories and untested technology, we have to ask: Why take chances with your mind?"
- ―BioTech advertisement
The Aj^6 was a sophisticated cyborg construct that allowed a being to become a cybernetic computer interface liaison able to mentally control computer systems. The device was implanted against the skull, and sent nanothreads into the brain to form a link between the biocomputer unit and the cyborg.
The Aj^6's cyborg computer was known to noticeably improve the intelligence of the wearer, enhancing logic and reasoning capabilities. The cyborg could also analyze data at roughly twenty times the speed of a non-cyborg computer operator.
The Aj^6's internal computer stored vast amounts of data, though additional information could be accrued with the use of knowledge cartridges. These devices plugged into ports on the back of the Borg Construct, and held data on virtually any subject. This allowed cyborgs to load and process data as and when needed.
Despite the advantages of a Borg Construct, the Aj^6 came under criticism since it was seen to limit a wearer's personality, and almost literally turned them into walking machines. This resulted in a lack of face-to-face communication between a cyborg and other sentients, since their attentions were often turned to central computers.
- "You think Lobot's mute, but he's just too busy talking to the central computer to bother speaking to us 'organics.' "
- ―Lando Calrissian
Behind the scenesEdit
Crisis on Cloud City erroneously claims that the Aj^6 was produced by Bioniip Laboratories. Hero's Guide lists this device as the AJ^6, as opposed to Aj^6, while the Cloud City Limited card "Cyborg Construct" lists it as Aj^9.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Dark Times—A Spark Remains 2
- ↑ Legacy 3: Broken, Part 3
- ↑ Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook, Special Edition
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ "The Great Herdship Heist"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 15
- ↑ Wretched Hives of Scum and Villainy
- ↑ "Spare Parts"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 11
- ↑ Cracken's Rebel Operatives
- ↑ Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook