|Points of interest|
Botajef was the location of Botajef Shipyards where AA-9 Coruscant freighters were built. Botajef's southern continent was covered in ship-manufacturing facilities where designs such as the AA-9 were designed, built and tested.
The area of space surrounding Botajef was first thoroughly explored by the Galactic Republic sometime between the Great Hyperspace War of 5000 BBY and the Great Sith War of 4000–3996 BBY. When the Sith Empire of Darth Revan reached its greatest extent during the Jedi Civil War of 3959–3956 BBY, Botajef was within its borders. During the final years of the New Sith Wars, Botajef was part of the territory controlled by the Sith Brotherhood of Darkness. It was within Separatist-controlled space during the Clone Wars.
- "Hondo Ohnaka's Not-So-Big Score"—Star Wars Insider 144 (Mentioned only)
- The Last Jedi (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Legacy 41: Rogue's End (First appearance)
- Star Wars Insider 61
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- The Essential Atlas Online Companion