The Bothan Council, later known as the Combined Clans and Combined Bothan Clans, was the primary political body of Bothawui and the Bothan species. The Council was composed of members of 608 registered clans, with other clans petitioning for membership. The Council had legislative control over all of Bothan Space. The Council elected one of their own members to serve as First Secretary, also called the Council Chief. The Secretary served for one year, and voted to break a tie. The Council also had the authority to declare a state of ar'krai. During the Galactic Civil War, the Bothan Council assumed control over most of the other organs of the Bothan government, with only the Bothan Diplomatic Corps remaining independent. After the Civil War, it was officially renamed the Combined Clans, but many continued to refer to it as the Bothan Council. The offices of the heads of the Combined Clans were housed in the Combined Clans Center Building near Merchant's Square in Drev'starn.
- Specter of the Past (First appearance)
- Vision of the Future
- The New Jedi Order: Destiny's Way (Mentioned only)
- Shadows of the Empire Planets Guide (First mentioned)
- The Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (See Combined Clans)
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook