- "This is General Wedge Antilles and the New Republic unit Rogue Squadron calling the Leresen task force. You're encroaching without permission on Bothan space. Please state your intentions."
- ―Wedge Antilles
- "By the way, General Tur-Mukan is operating around the Bothan sector, and appears to be coping, according to Commander Gett. And she's still packing the conc rifle, so your lesson wasn't wasted."
- ―Ordo Skirata
The Bothan Space joined the Galactic Republic sometime between 17,000 BBY and 12,000 BBY. The Space had a status of Allied Region that allowed it to conserve some independence from the Republic.
Sometime prior to the Clone Wars, the entire sector was saved from Wookiee bandits by Jedi Master Knol Ven'nari. During the Clone Wars, Jedi General Etain Tur-Mukan was operating around the Bothan sector.
During the Imperial Period, the Galactic Empire allowed Bothan Space to retain its Allied Region status, as an Imperial client state, but kept a wary eye on the Bothans and their ambitions. In 18 BBY, the sector was invaded by the Separatist holdouts until its liberation by the Empire. The Rebel Alliance Bothan Sector Force was active in the sector during the Galactic Civil War.
Behind the scenesEdit
In Timeline 5: The Battle of Bothawui, the map indicates Bothan Space in the "northeast quadrant" of the galaxy while all other sources, including The Essential Atlas, indicate it is in the "southeast quadrant."
- Timeline 5: The Battle of Bothawui
- The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance
- Starfighter: Crossbones 1 (Mentioned only)
- Republic 53: Blast Radius (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Downfall of a Droid"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bombad Jedi" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Jedi Crash" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Republic Commando: Triple Zero (Mentioned only) (as "Bothan sector")
- The Last Jedi (Mentioned only)
- The Paradise Snare (Mentioned only) (as "Bothan Sector")
- Rookies: No Turning Back
- Specter of the Past
- Vision of the Future
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic II: Refugee (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice (as "Bothan Sector")
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue (Mentioned only) (as "Bothan Space") (Tokyo only)
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game Revised Core Rulebook
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook (Indirect mention only)
- Shadows of the Empire Planets Guide
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- Standoff on Leritor"—Star Wars Gamer 10 "
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- Ultimate Adversaries
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – A New Hope Limited (Card: Rebel Commander)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 19 (MID2, Planets of the Mid Rim)
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook
- Strongholds of Resistance
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 The Paradise Snare
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 The Essential Guide to Warfare
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Specter of the Past
- ↑ "Droid Trouble"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 3
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Republic Commando: Triple Zero
- ↑ Republic 53: Blast Radius