- "As I’ve said on countless occasions, my lord, the fleet is already too scattered. On the Admiralty's counsel, the navy is now redirecting resources from as far away as Rothana and Bothawui."
- ―Deputy Director Harus Ison reports to the Emperor
Bothawui was an asteroid field–ringed planet located in the galaxy's Mid Rim. Several of the individuals who taught the human Wilhuff Tarkin to fly starships originated on this world, despite the great distance between the world and the planet Eriadu where Tarkin lived. Bothawui was considered to be strategically important during the Clone Wars. Many years later, Imperial resources were redirected from Bothawui by the Imperial Navy to help deal with Tarkin's corvette, Carrion Spike, after it was stolen by dissidents.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rising Malevolence" (First appearance) (Appears in hologram in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Downfall of a Droid" (First identified as Bothawui)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duel of the Droids" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bombad Jedi" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Jedi Crash" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Catalyst (Mentioned only)
- Tarkin (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Entertainment Weekly's Ultimate Guide to Rogue One