Bounty hunters were individuals who could be hired to capture or kill a designated target. The target would have a price or bounty on their heads that would be collected by the bounty hunter upon successful capture or proof of death. Bounty hunters would sometimes team together as part of a larger mission or to handle dangerous targets.
Some bounty hunters acted like mercenaries and were hired to do jobs other than tracking down bounties. Jango Fett, a famous bounty hunter active before the Clone Wars, was hired by Lord Tyranus to be the genetic template for the Grand Army of the Republic. El-Les and Bric were hired to help train the clone troopers.
By the reign of the Galactic Empire, many bounty hunters were affiliated with the Bounty Hunters' Guild, which was authorized by the Imperial Office of Criminal Investigation to issue Imperial Peace-Keeping Certificates, which gave bounty hunters access to the Imperial Enforcement DataCore.
Bounties could come from a variety of ways. The Galactic Empire employed bounty hunters to hunt down Rebels. Private individuals could also list bounties on people. Jabba the Hutt placed a very large bounty on Han Solo who was captured by Boba Fett.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hostage Crisis"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Death Trap"
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Clone Cadets"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: Rebel Journal by Ezra Bridger
- ↑ Ezra's Gamble
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope