- «I have come for the bounty on this Wookiee.»
- ―Leia Organa impersonating Boushh[src]
Boushh was a male Ubese from Uba IV who worked as a bounty hunter. Following his little known demise at the hands of the Black Sun crime syndicate, Princess Leia Organa impersonated him in order to infiltrate Jabba's Palace and free Han Solo.
Originally from Uba IV, Boushh secured a reputation for himself as a formidable and dangerous bounty hunter who worked for many paymasters. However, his career ended when he tried to blackmail the Black Sun crime syndicate, which resulted in his death. Taking advantage of the fact that Boushh's demise wasn't widely known, and by the suggestion of Maz Kanata, Princess Leia Organa was given his distinctive armor and helmet to use on infiltration missions.
Boushh's distinctive bounty hunter gear included an all-leather outfit, gloves, and a head-concealing helmet with a metal speech scrambler and head bracket equipped with a vision-plus scanner and built-in targeting laser. Boushh wielded a long lance tipped with a shock blade.
Behind the scenesEdit
Boushh was created for the 1983 Star Wars film Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi. In the film, Leia Organa impersonates Boushh in an attempt to negotiate with Jabba the Hutt about the price of Chewbacca. Boushh's vocal sounds while communicating with Jabba were provided by Pat Welsh.
Prior to the canon reboot made by The Walt Disney Company in anticipation of the sequel trilogy and to explore new storylines, the real Boushh was featured in several stories which are now rebranded as Star Wars Legends, and therefore no longer canonical. Among them, Boushh's most prominent appearance was in the Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire multimedia project, in which Boushh's connections to the Black Sun syndicate are fully explored.
Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded confirms that prior to the events of Return of the Jedi, Boushh was killed by Black Sun when he attempted to blackmail its members. Star Wars: Card Trader also states that Boushh's demise wasn't widely known, leading Leia to impersonate him while rescuing Han Solo from Jabba's Palace.
However, the episode "Bounty Hunted" of the Star Wars: Forces of Destiny micro-series reveals that Organa takes Boushh's armor on the suggestion of Maz Kanata and that Boushh was still alive at this point. When asked about this matter on his Twitter account, Lucasfilm Story Group's Leland Chee stated that they will update their reference titles, including Boushh's status, in the near future.
- Star Wars Battlefront II (Impersonated) (DLC)
- Star Wars LINE Webtoon (Impersonated)
- Star Wars Battlefront (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "Bounty Hunted"
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance) (Impersonated)
- Rescue from Jabba's Palace (Impersonated)
- Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side! (Impersonated)
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization (Impersonated)
- The Legends of Luke Skywalker (Indirect mention only)
- Bloodline (Indirect mention only)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (DLC only)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- The Art of Star Wars: Uprising
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Princess Leia: Royal Rebel
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- ; image #13 (of 16) (First identified as Boushh)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars: Card Trader
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "Bounty Hunted"
- ↑ Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization
- ↑ . "Moving forward, we’ll go by the events as depicted in Forces of Destiny and update our reference titles as necessary."