Behind the scenesEdit
The character of Bozzie Barada was created for the 1999 film Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, as a pilot who represented the planet Kessel during the Boonta Eve Classic. However, Barada was cut from the final product, and Barada's design was handed over to the Podracer Dud Bolt. However, Barada still appeared in the film's novelization, which was written by Terry Brooks, during the Podrace scene. It should be noted that the video game Star Wars: Episode I Racer features a character named Bozzie Baranta, who is also a Podracer pilot. The characters have the same first name, and a very similar last name. In addition, the 1983 film Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi featured a character named Barada.
Since the character did not appear in the film, or was said to have participated in the race by any other source, this article only assumes that Barada was a Podracer pilot who once raced in a Boonta race.
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace novelization (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace novelization
- ↑ Preliminary concept illustrations of the Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace Podracers indicate that Dud Bolt's character was originally named Bozzie Barada. The now-defunct StarWars.com Hyperspace feature showcased this concept artwork, visible here, but this information is no longer available on StarWars.com.
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode I Racer
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi