The Braha'tok-class gunship, also known as the Dornean gunship was a model of gunship that saw service with the rebellion as well as the Alliance to Restore the Republic leading up to and during the Galactic Civil War.
The Braha'tok-class gunship, also called the Dornean gunship, was a type of gunship built in a dagger shape. Although not designed as a carrier, two X-wing starfighters could be attached to its undercarriage.
Three Dornean gunships were part of the General Jan Dodonna's Massassi group, one of the largest rebel cells amongst Senator Bail Organa's rebel network against the Galactic Empire. Following the formation of the Alliance to Restore the Republic in 2 BBY, they traveled with Dodonna's fleet to the Phoenix rebel cell's base on Atollon in preparation for an attack on Lothal. However, the fleet was ambushed by the forces of Grand Admiral Thrawn, and at least one, the Orion,was destroyed.
Later, in 0 BBY, Dornean gunships saw action in the Battle of Scarif, the battle that saw the outbreak of the Galactic Civil War, and one gunship, the Apailana's Promise, served as the escort to the CR90 corvette Thunderstrike during its service in the Mid Rim Retreat. Two of these ships appeared with the gathering Alliance Fleet near Sullust, before the Battle of Endor.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Braha'tok-class gunship first appeared in Richard Marquand's 1983 film Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi. The model—then only known as "ROJ BG ship"—was built by Bill George as a background ship for the "Battle of Endor" sequence. However, Art Director Joe Johnston did not think it looked good enough. Because of that, the model is barely visible in Return of the Jedi.
- Lost Stars (First identified as Dornean gunship)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Zero Hour"
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novel
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Battlefront: Twilight Company
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Star Wars Rebels – "Zero Hour"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ screenshot) . “@LelalMekha Fair to assume species names are the same unless you hear otherwise. Same goes for planets. And ship models.” (
- ↑ Lost Stars
- ↑ Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ screenshot) . “It's the Ghost. And those are Dornean gunships. There's more info to come.” (