- "A gift from Haidoral to my hosts: local brandy and native figs. Something to celebrate our new relationship."
- ―Chalis offers brandy and figs to the Rebels
Brandy was a type of alcoholic beverage. After the Imperial Governor of Haidoral Prime, Everi Chalis, surrendered herself to the Alliance to Restore the Republic's Sixty-First Mobile Infantry in order to defect, she presented the senior staff of the company with a bottle of brandy and figs produced locally on Haidoral Prime. To prove the drink was not poisoned she took a swig herself, directly from the bottle, after which the Rebels shared the drink between themselves as they discussed how Chalis might be an asset to the Alliance. Before the bottle was finished, Chalis knocked it from a table to the floor when she leaned swiftly across to whisper in the ear of Captain Micha Evon, commanding officer of the company. Jogan fruit brandy was a type of brandy made using jogan fruit which the ex-Imperial loyalty officer Sinjir Rath Velus attempted to order at the Alcazar cantina on the planet Akiva shortly before the Rebellion on Akiva; however, the establishment did not stock such fancy drinks.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Near as I can recall, I traded it for a ten-carat chrysopaz and three bottles of good brandy about five years ago on Commenor."
- ―A line of dialogue from Han Solo exclusively found in the novelization of A New Hope
Brandy was first mentioned within the Star Wars universe in the novelization of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which was written by Alan Dean Foster and released in 1976. The line referring to the beverage is not included in the film, and as it conflicts with the script from a scene in the film it is not considered canon. The drink was however confirmed to be canon when it was mentioned in the novel Aftermath, which was written by Chuck Wendig and released in 2015.
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Escape
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (First appearance)
- Aftermath (First mentioned)
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- Poe Dameron 2: Black Squadron, Part II (Appears in flashback(s))