|Chronological and political information|
Brangus Glee was a Force-sensitive, male member of a dextrous species of renowned travelers. He hailed from Dor Nameth, but had left his homeworld by the time he was considered an elder. During the Imperial Period, Glee was a pilot who traveled the galaxy and frequented spaceports, cantinas, and casinos, gambling when at the latter.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "'The thinker' among aliens?"
- ―Caption of an image of "Alien 23", a maquette that later became Brangus Glee, referencing the famous statue
Brangus Glee's origins date back to the production stages of the 1983 film Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, when maquettes of a number of aliens were constructed in preparation for scenes taking place in Jabba the Hutt's Palace. Several of the alien concepts, including a brown-skinned one known among the film's crew as "Alien 23", were scrapped after the maquette stage and not included in the film.
In 1998, the Special Edition Limited expansion set of the Star Wars Customizable Card Game included a card that identified a modified image of the maquette as an alien named Brangus Glee and provided some background information on the character. Alien 23 thus became a part of Star Wars canon.
- Star Wars: Chronicles (Maquette only)
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic (Picture of maquette only)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Special Edition Limited (Card: Brangus Glee) (First mentioned)