- "This is Captain Panaka to Bravo Flight. Great work, group. The Trade Federation Army is out of commission. Naboo is finally free."
- ―Captain Panaka, to Bravo Squadron
- "Bravo Flight A, attack the fighters! Flight B, make the run on the transmitter."
- ―Ric Olié giving orders during the Naboo Space Battle
Bravo Squadron was based on the planet Naboo in the Theed Hangar, located in the capital, Theed, and was formed by King Ars Veruna as a symbol of Naboo's power. The squadron participated in the Invasion of Naboo ten years before the Clone Wars. Members of the squadron joined the Naboo Resistance, with at least two at a base in the Naboo training canyon. During the final stages of the invasion, the pilots of Bravo Squadron engaged in dogfights with droid starfighter squadrons during the attack on the orbital Droid Control Ship Vuutun Palaa. Lieutenant Gavyn Sykes succeeded in damaging the deflector shield generator and tractor beams of the vessel, allowing Anakin Skywalker to destroy it from within with two proton torpedoes.
The Queen chose her Honor Guard from the pilots of Bravo Squadron. The squadron comprised Bravo Flight A and Bravo Flight B. It was led by Ric Olié and consisted of N-1 starfighters. As part of the Naboo defense force, it was under the command of Captain Quarsh Panaka at the time of the invasion. New pilots were trained in a canyon with hologram emitters. Others were promoted in from Echo Flight.
Bravo Squadron pilotsEdit
- Bravo Leader: Ric Olié
- Bravo Two: Porro Dolphe
- Bravo Three: Arven Wendik
- Bravo Four: Rya Kirsch†
- Bravo Five: Dineé Ellberger
- Bravo Six: Gavyn Sykes
- Bravo Seven: Essara Till†
- Bravo Eight: Dren Melne†, Bravo Eight
- Bravo Nine: ?
- Bravo Ten: Rhys Dallows
- Bravo Eleven: ?
- Bravo Twelve: Bravo Twelve
- Bravo ?: Palmer†
- Bravo ?: Another pilot†
Behind the scenesEdit
Players take the role of Bravo Squadron pilot Gavyn Sykes in 2000's video game Star Wars: Episode I: Battle for Naboo. Star Wars: Starfighter, released in 2001, introduced Rhys Dallows as one of the playable characters.
Bravo Squadron was re-imagined in LEGO form in 2005 with LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game and appeared in the 2007 compilation. In the compilation, players take the role of Anakin Skywalker to attack the Droid Control Ship.
- Darth Plagueis
- The Starfighter Trap"—Star Wars Gamer 1 "
- Star Wars: Obi-Wan
- Star Wars Episode I Journal: Queen Amidala
- Star Wars: Starfighter
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace novelization (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace comic
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace junior novel
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace script facsimile
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace PhotoComic
- Star Wars: Episode I: Battle for Naboo
- Episode I: The Phantom Menace ½ (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars Episode I Journal: Anakin Skywalker
- Star Wars Manga: The Phantom Menace 2
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: Episode I: Battle for Naboo
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- ↑ Darth Plagueis
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology establishes on page 40 that the Invasion of Naboo takes place in 32 BBY.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 Star Wars: Starfighter
- ↑ Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace 4
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 The Starfighter Trap