Bread was a kind of food made from grain that had been mashed into a powder or dough, then baked.
Five blossom bread was a kind of bread made on Naboo. Senator Padmé Amidala was given some of this bread by a Naboo ambassador during the Clone Wars. She saved it for a special occasion and offered it when her husband Anakin Skywalker visited her.
On the planet Jakku, Unkar Plutt traded survival rations for the gear brought to him by scavengers. These rations contained veg-meat and a beige powder. The powder was mixed with water in a container. A brief stir caused a chemical reaction, prompting the mixture to rapidly expand and solidify into a doughy loaf, known as polystarch.
Anakin Skywalker did not like his peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to made on rye bread. When his mother, Shmi Skywalker Lars, presented him one with this bread, he displayed a disturbing visage and told her that he found her lack of white bread disturbing. She offered him a sandwich on sourdough bread instead, and he cheered.
Behind the scenesEdit
The instant polystarch bread in The Force Awakens was a practical effect. Special-effects supervisor Chris Corbould said, "You wouldn’t believe how long it took to actually perfect that one, that little tiny gag in the film."
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Spy" (First mentioned)
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Steal
- Lost Stars (Mentioned only)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (First appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Exit from Endor" (Non-canonical appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales Episodes I-III (Non-canonical mention)
- Bloodline (Mentioned only)
- Before the Awakening
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novel
- What is a Wookiee?
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ Before the Awakening
- ↑ LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Exit from Endor"
- ↑ McNally, Victoria (2016-01-14). ‘Star Wars': Rey’s Instant Bread Wasn’t CGI — It Was Totally Real. MTV. Retrieved on January 15, 2016.