Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Breakout Squad was a clone trooper unit and part of the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars. Initially, most of its members were shinies brought together under the command of the veteran Clone Captain Lock.
Mission to the Kaliida NebulaEdit
Before they took up the moniker of Breakout Squad, the group's first mission was to a moon near the Kaliida Nebula in 22 BBY. Its members were dispatched from the Republic ship Demolisher to sort through the wreckage of the dreaded Separatist heavy cruiser Malevolence.
Mission to KynachiEdit
Shortly thereafter, they were sent on a secret mission to Kynachi to discover the true nature of the exotic circuitry that was discovered among the debris from the Malevolence. 11 Clone Troopers, two pilots, Captain Lock, Jedi Master Ring-Sol Ambase was assigned to the mission with Nuru Kungurama joining in secret. The ship was destroyed upon arrival and Master Ambase was captured. Eventually, the Kungurama led the surviving members to destroy a CIS factory and rescued three clones. It was on Kynachi where Breakout Squad received orders from Palpatine to make the trip to the Chiss Ascendancy. It was also at this time that the chancellor christened the group to Breakout Squad.
Meeting with the ChissEdit
After Kynachi, the survivors left with Captain Lalo Gunn on her starship, the Hasty Harpy to go to the Chiss' Defense Force Station Ifpe'a to meet with Aristocra Sev'eere'nuruodo. The station was attacked by a Separatist fleet led by Overseer Umbrag and destroyed. When the Hasty Harpy made its escape into hyperspace, it came out in a Black Hole sector. Breakout Squad joined with Hethra Mcgrrrr's Black Hole Pirates and were able to escape the "cursed" region using an Infinity Gate.
Mission to VacedEdit
When Breakout Squad was returning to Coruscant, Chancellor Palpatine contacted them and asked them to divert to Vaced to meet Langu Sommilor, Kynachi's Commissioner and escort him to Coruscant. On Vaced, the Commissioner was sniped by a Mandalorian Death Watch member and killed. Kungurama chased after the sniper, and after a skirmish in which the Hasty Harpy was destroyed, the sniper was believed dead. The swoop biker Gizz helped Kungurama and Breakout Squad saved him from the authorities on Vaced. Kungurama then followed an imagecaster to Bilbringi Depot. There Breakout Squad liberated the facility from Overseer Umbrag. The Aristocra then arrived and told the Jedi about a suspected conspiracy against the Republic. Master Ambase then appeared and destroyed Sev'eere'nuruodo's ship. Jedi General Kit Fisto arrived to assist in the cleanup, and they discovered the real Langu Sommilor was still alive.
Showdown on CoruscantEdit
Breakout Squad then returned to Coruscant. Along with Master Harro Kelpura, Breakout Squad investigated a break-in in Kelpura's lab in Dacho District. Ambase thought Kungurama had fallen to the dark side and dueled with him before Ambase collapsed. Afterward, Kungurama was promoted to the full-time commander of Breakout Squad, and the group was assigned to investigate the disappearance of the freighter Spice Siren.
Breakout Squad's next mission was assigned by Grand Master Yoda. The squad was sent to Affa to escort Noggox the Hutt's freighters. When they arrived, they found a massacre. General Fisto then arrived, and Breakout Squad escorted the freighters to Fondor, and defeated the Neimoidian pirate's Dool Pundar battleship. On Fondor, Giz met a blind Twi'lek, Kuvuta Pindi. Kungurama agreed to escort her and her orphaned younglings to the placement center on Foless. Once on Foless, Kungurama realized that Pindi was in league with Pundar and Breakout Squad pursued her. Pundar was captured and Pindi was killed. Breakout Squad then returned to Coruscant.
- Jedi Commander Nuru Kungurama
- Clone Captain Lock†
- CT-8863 "Breaker"
- CT-4012 "Sharp"
- CT-5177 "Chatterbox"
- Unidentified Clawdite bounty hunter (imposter)†
Behind the scenesEdit
- The Clone Wars: Secret Missions 1: Breakout Squad (First appearance)
- The Clone Wars: Secret Missions 2: Curse of the Black Hole Pirates
- The Clone Wars: Secret Missions 3: Duel at Shattered Rock
- The Clone Wars: Secret Missions 4: Guardians of the Chiss Key
- The Clone Wars: Opress Unleashed
- The Clone Wars: Strange Allies
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 123
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded
- The Essential Reader's Companion
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 1.31 1.32 The Clone Wars: Secret Missions 1: Breakout Squad
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 The Clone Wars: Secret Missions 3: Duel at Shattered Rock
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Clone Wars: Secret Missions 2: Curse of the Black Hole Pirates
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 The Clone Wars: Strange Allies
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The Essential Reader's Companion
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 The Clone Wars: Secret Missions 4: Guardians of the Chiss Key