The bridge, otherwise known as the command deck, was a structure, either attached to the main hull via a tower or pylon, or built into the hulls of nearly all larger starships and warships in use within the galaxy. Larger and containing more stations and functionality than a small ship or starfighter's cockpit, it was the central hub of a vessel's activity, serving as its primary command-and-control station. From here, the ship's captain could assign courses for hyperspace jumps to be input by the astrogator, sublight maneuvers to be carried out by the ship's pilot or, in the case of war vessels, attack strategies and gunnery missions to be executed by the ship's gunners.
The layout of a warship's bridge will vary depending on the role of the vessel. For example, several Kuat Drive Yards-created warships' command bridges were designed with a single, wedge-shaped tower, but some ships will have a distinctive dual-bridge design if they possessed a carrier role, such as the Secutor-class Star Destroyer or the Venator-class Star Destroyer.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Knight Errant
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
- Murder on the Executor
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi novel
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi junior novel