The Bright Lands was the name given to the side of Ryloth that was baked in eternal sunlight. Traditionally, Twi'lek clan leaders were sent here to die if one of their fellow clan leaders had died, either natural causes or in some cases, assassination. This tradition was instumental in the changing of hands within the planetary government. In extreme cases, criminals were also exiled to the Bright Lands as a form of capital punishment.
According to tradition, Inun was a blind youth famous for crossing the Bright Lands. Also, in 28 BBY the Twi'lek Ro Fenn was sent into the Bright Lands when his fellow council member Pol Secura was accidentally killed at the hands of his niece Aayla Secura.
- Tales of the Jedi: Redemption
- Star Wars: Republic 21: Twilight, Part 3 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Republic 22: Twilight, Part 4 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Republic 42: Rite of Passage, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Republic 45: Rite of Passage, Part 4
- X-Wing: The Krytos Trap (Mentioned only)
- Young Jedi Knights: Jedi Bounty
- Young Jedi Knights: The Emperor's Plague
- Star Wars: Racer Revenge
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- Platt's Starport Guide
- Galactic Campaign Guide (Indirect mention only)