One of the member-worlds of the Kingdom of Cron, it was absorbed into Xim's empire. After the empire collapsed, it would continue to thrive as a world of the Honorable Union of Desevro & Tion, eventually being part of the Tion Hegemony when the Tion Cluster joined the Republic.
Galactic Civil WarEdit
Early in the Galactic Civil War, Brigia was once home to the main Rebel base after Chrellis. The planet was abandoned by the Rebellion when they suspected (correctly) that the Empire was going to attack it. This was based on information gathered about Operation Strike Fear.
The evacuation was done with the assistance of Red Squadron and Gold Squadron. All equipment and personnel were loaded aboard all available transports, like the frigate Fugazi and corvette Sonnel etc. Important persons boarded the shuttle group Arroyo while the wounded from the evacuation operation were transferred to frigate Redemption.
Yuuzhan Vong WarEdit
During the Yuuzhan Vong War, the Yuuzhan Vong invaded Brigia. The native Brigians resisted at first, though they were eventually forced to go underground and begin a guerrilla war. The desperate Brigians pleaded with the Corporate Sector Authority for help, though the business-minded organization ignored them. In the end, the surviving Brigians were enslaved and inserted with Yorik-Kul implants.
The planet was Vongformed, but much of the ecological changes seemed to retreat within the next decade, leading scientists to fear the bioweapon Alpha Red had somehow been introduced from neighboring planet Caluula. Scientists monitored the planet carefully since then.
Behind the scenesEdit
Brigia first appeared in the 1980 novel Han Solo and the Lost Legacy. The 1993 LucasArts video game Star Wars: X-Wing features a battle during Operation Strike Fear above a planet called Briggia. "Brigia" and "Briggia" received separate entries in 1998's Star Wars Encyclopedia and 2008's The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia but were considered to be the same planet in 2009's The Essential Atlas.
- Han Solo and the Lost Legacy (First appearance)
- Star Wars: X-Wing (As Briggia)
- Before the Storm (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- X-Wing: The Official Strategy Guide (As Briggia)
- X-Wing Collector's CD-ROM: The Official Strategy Guide (As Briggia)
- The Essential Chronology (As Briggia)
- The New Essential Guide to Characters (As Briggia)
- The New Essential Chronology (As Briggia)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Star Wars: X-Wing
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial
- ↑ The Essential Atlas and Galactic Cartography: Official Discussion on the Jedi Council Forums (Literature board; posted by jasonfry on 8/5/10 6:25am)