The rocket booster, also known as an altitude jet or rocket thruster, was a rocket propulsion system produced by Brooks Propulsion Devices for use with Industrial Automaton R-series astromech droids. Similar devices were designed for a variety of droids throughout galactic history.
Rocket boosters were incorporated into the two side-mounted legs of astromechs, allowing them to achieve flight for a limited period of time. These extendable boosters were adjustable to allow for varying altitudes.
Brooks Propulsion Devices was shut down by the Galactic Empire following the Clone Wars, bringing an end to their line of rocket boosters. Droids such as R2-D0 and R2-D2 retained their booster systems, though the latter ultimately damaged his booster components, rendering him unable to achieve flight.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace novel (First appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game (Non-canonical appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones junior novel
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars novel
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duel of the Droids"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Zillo Beast"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Zillo Beast Strikes Back"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "R2 Come Home"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nightsisters"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nomad Droids"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Rookies: No Turning Back
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (Non-canonical appearance)
- Vader vs. Artoo & Threepio (Non-canonical appearance)
- Boba Fett's Armor: An Essential Guide to a Walking Weapon
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Secret Life of Droids