Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "He says this may hurt a bit."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi, to Anakin Skywalker
Bruise-leech crawlers, alternatively known as Nelvaan bruise-leech crawlers, were leech-like creatures native to the Outer Rim planet of Nelvaan. Orvos, shaman of Rokrul village on Nelvaan, covered Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker's chest with bruise-leech crawlers as part of a ritual before sending him off to destroy a nearby Techno Union laboratory. The leeches caused pain as they crawled over Skywalker's torso and left behind blue trails.
Biology and appearanceEdit
Native to the Outer Rim world of Nelvaan, bruise-leech crawlers, sometimes referred to as "Nelvaan bruise-leech crawlers," were annelids that were reddish-brown in color, with some having little black patches of fur toward their back ends. They had a circular mouth that was lined with teeth and two protrusions directly behind the head. The crawlers were capable of leaving a blue trail behind them as they moved.
When placed on someone's body, the crawlers could make intricate rectangular designs out of the blue trails they left behind.
- "Is this really necessary?"
"It's part of their ritual. You must be respectful."
- ―Skywalker questions Kenobi over the necessity of the crawlers
In the year 19 BBY, Orvos, the shaman of the Nelvaanian village of Rokrul, used bruise-leech crawlers in a ceremony to prepare the Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker for his journey to destroy a nearby laboratory operated by the Techno Union that used a siphon generator which had plunged the world into an ice age. The crawlers proceeded to create a rectangular design across Skywalker's torso with the blue trails they left behind as they moved slowly, causing the Jedi much pain.
Behind the scenesEdit
The bruise-leech crawlers made their first and only appearance in the twenty-third chapter of the animated television microseries Star Wars: Clone Wars, which aired on March 23, 2005. The species was then named in the StarWars.com Databank entry "Nelvaanian."
- "Jawa's Corner"—Star Wars Insider 94
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- (First identified as bruise-leech crawler)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 95 ("bruise-leech crawler")
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 23"
- ↑ "Jawa's Corner"—Star Wars Insider 94
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ Star Wars: Clone Wars - Season 2, Episode 3: Chapter XXIII - TV.com. TV.com. CBS Interactive Inc. Retrieved on March 2, 2014.