|Physical and technical specifications|
|Usage and history|
The Bryar pistol was a modified Bryar rifle with its stock and muzzle sawed down. It was a highly accurate blaster though it was not a very powerful one. The gun did have the interesting ability to "charge up" and fire one large blast at the expense of its ammunition.
The Bryar pistol was the preferred weapon of mercenary-turned New Republic operative Kyle Katarn, given to him by his father as a parting gift for the Imperial Academy, until he adopted a lightsaber as part of his Jedi training. Unlike other Jedi who normally eschewed blasters, Katarn continued to carry the gun as a backup weapon. He used it extensively after severing his ties to the Force.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Bryar pistol was created by Justin Chin, owing its name to composer Gavin Bryars.
The "charge-up" feature of the Bryar pistol was not available until its appearance in Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, in which the weapon also fired yellow blaster bolts instead of the red of previous games. This, along with slight variances in the weapon's name throughout the series (in order: "modified Bryar pistol," "Bryar pistol," "Bryar blaster pistol"), has led to some ambiguity as to whether it was a new model in the Bryar line or the same gun used in the previous games.
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Star Wars: Dark Forces (First appearance)
- Dark Forces: Soldier for the Empire
- Star Wars: Yoda Stories (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
- Dark Forces: Rebel Agent
- Dark Forces: Jedi Knight
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
- Dark Forces Manual: Coded Transmissions
- Star Wars: The Power of the Force toy line
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide