- "Ah…yes, wood. Not a common choice. And only wood from a Brylark tree is as strong as metal."
The Brylark tree was a type of tree which was as strong as metal, and was sometimes used as lightsaber hilts. During the Clone Wars, the architect droid Huyang asked Jedi youngling Gungi what he envisioned his lightsaber to look like. Gungi, through the Force, envisioned his lightsaber to be made out of wood. Huyang, knowing that the only wood strong enough would be from a Brylark, retrieved the wood and Gungi used it as his lightsaber hilt. Huyang also stated that it was a very rare choice among hilts, just as Wookiees like Gungi were very rare among the Jedi.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Test of Strength" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bound for Rescue"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Necessary Bond"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Wrong Jedi"