- "And you bucketheads are gonna to be sorry when my uncle the Emperor finds out you're keeping me here against my will!"
- ―Ezra Bridger, attempting to trick two stormtroopers
"Buckethead" (also spelled "bucket-head" or "bucket head") was a derogatory nickname used to refer to stormtroopers during the reign of the Galactic Empire, or others wearing similar armor. It referred to the helmets of the stormtroopers, shaped like buckets, which even among members of the Empire were sometimes referred to colloquially as "buckets." Ezra Bridger applied the term to both stormtroopers and Agent Kallus, and Han Solo even applied it to TIE fighter pilots. Well over thirty years later, the term was still in use and used by Poe Dameron in reference to stormtroopers of the First Order.
Behind the scenesEdit
The term "buckethead" evokes the real-world slur "jarhead" for a US Marine.[source?]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ambush" (First appearance)
- Rise of the Rebels
- Star Wars Rebels – "Art Attack"
- Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion
- Servants of the Empire: Rebel in the Ranks
- Star Wars Rebels – "Breaking Ranks"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Call to Action"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Fire Across the Galaxy"
- Battle to the End (As "bucket head")
- Star Wars 2: Skywalker Strikes, Part II
- Star Wars 5: Skywalker Strikes, Part V
- Star Wars 6: Skywalker Strikes, Part VI
- Star Wars 8: Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon, Part I
- Star Wars 18: Rebel Jail, Part III
- Vader Down, Part I
- Star Wars 21: The Last Flight of the Harbinger, Part I
- Star Wars 24: The Last Flight of the Harbinger, Part IV
- Star Wars 25: The Last Flight of the Harbinger, Part V
- Star Wars: Commander
- Shattered Empire, Part I
- Shattered Empire, Part II
- Aftermath: Life Debt
- Before the Awakening (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novel
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide (As "bucket-heads")