Bulk freighters were huge freighters which role was to move great amounts of cargo across the galaxy every day, being essential to commerce. They were built in orbital shipyards and almost never entered planets' atmosphere; they docked instead at space stations and transfer yards where they loaded and unloaded cargo. Most of these freighters were owned by corporations, as they were very expensive and only few captains have the possibility to acquire and maintain craft of these dimensions. The Eravana, Han Solo and Chewbacca's Baleen-class heavy freighter, was a bulk freighter, owned only by two individuals.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Forgotten Droid"
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Wynkahthu Job"
- The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novel
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- The Force Awakens, Part II
- The Force Awakens, Part III
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections (First identified as Bulk freighter)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary